SpreadsheetGear Releases SpreadsheetGear for .NET 1.0 Beta
LENEXA, KS, August 2nd, 2005 - Today, SpreadsheetGear LLC announced the availability of SpreadsheetGear for .NET 1.0 Beta, the Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Excel users by allowing these users to design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations, or provide tables of data in the form with which they are most comfortable.
SpreadsheetGear for .NET features the fastest spreadsheet calculation engine available. All of Excel’s financial, date, time, text, lookup, math, trigonometry, statistical and database functions are supported. SpreadsheetGear for .NET is 100% safe managed code, yet because it is designed for modern CPU architectures, it advances the state of the art in spreadsheet performance. “As a privately funded company led by veteran software developers, we have had the luxury of taking the time to reinvent the way spreadsheet calculation engines work, and have built a solid foundation for future spreadsheet components from SpreadsheetGear,” said Joe Erickson, Founder and CEO of SpreadsheetGear.
· Create, modify, calculate, read and write Excel 97/2000/XP/2003 workbooks.
· Supports multiple worksheets, unlimited workbooks, and unlimited workbook sets.
· Enable or disable protection and cell locking.
· Reduced development time.
· Royalty free deployment.
· Fastest spreadsheet calculation available (significantly faster than Excel).
· All financial, date, time, text, lookup, math, trigonometry, statistical and database functions.
· All types, operators, defined names, data tables and arrays.
· Support for multiple worksheets and multiple workbooks in formulas.
· Worksheet specific defined names and global defined names.
· Minimal recalc, iteration, precision as displayed and more.
· Special care was taken with numerical stability.
· Number Formats (full support for custom number formats).
· Horizontal and vertical alignment.
· Cell Protection.
· Automatic row heights and column widths.
· Supports Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1, Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 and 64-Bit Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.
· Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio .NET 2005 integration, including IntelliSense and Dynamic Help.
· The security of 100% safe managed code.
· Hassle free deployment with a single assembly (SpreadsheetGear.dll).
· No license keys, registry entries or configuration files to deal with.
· No dependency on Microsoft Excel, which is not supported in a server environment.
· Easy to use API which will be familiar to Excel VBA and COM developers.
Fully functional evaluations of SpreadsheetGear for .NET may be downloaded from www.spreadsheetgear.com.
LLC is a privately held software publisher located in
Microsoft, Microsoft Excel and Visual Studio are
trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the
Copyright 2005 © SpreadsheetGear LLC - SpreadsheetGear is a trademark of SpreadsheetGear LLC.