High Performance Windows Forms and WPF Spreadsheet Controls
Add Excel compatible controls to your Windows Forms and WPF applications with SpreadsheetGear 2012 for .NET
Make life easier for your users with the SpreadsheetGear 2012 Windows Forms and WPF spreadsheet controls which combine Visual Studio integration with rich functionality including familiar keyboard and mouse selections, in-cell editing, a FormulaBar control, go to, find, replace, cut, copy, paste, clear, undo, redo, charts, pictures, cell comments, autofilters, data validation, conditional formats, grouping & outlining, stable sort, text objects, form controls, autoshapes, interruptible multithreaded background calculation, printing, real-time workbook updates, multiple workbooks, Display Reference, Workbook Designer, Workbook Explorer, Range Explorer, Chart Explorer, Shape Explorer and much more.
SpreadsheetGear Explorer Sample Solutions
SpreadsheetGear 2012 for .NET comes with the SpreadsheetGear Explorer Sample Solutions for C# and Visual Basic.
David W. Smith of Rolls-Royce said "Your SpreadsheetGear Explorer Sample Solution may be the best tutorial I have ever encountered."
These samples are composed of a set of user controls, each of which demonstrates commonly used SpreadsheetGear 2012 functionality and API's. Source code can be viewed and copied directly from the source viewer below each sample.
Follow these steps to run the SpreadsheetGear Explorer Solution:
- Install SpreadsheetGear 2012 for .NET.
- In Windows 8 navigate to the Windows Start Screen, start typing "SpreadsheetGear Explorer", and click on SpreadsheetGear Explorer C# Sample or SpreadsheetGear Explorer VB Sample.
- In earlier versions of Windows open the Windows Start menu, click on All Programs, click on SpreadsheetGear, click on SpreadsheetGear 2012 for .NET and click on SpreadsheetGear Explorer C# Sample or SpreadsheetGear Explorer VB Sample.
- If you are opening the solution in Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 for the first time, follow the steps in the Visual Studio Conversion Wizard to convert the solution to Visual Studio 2008 / 2010 / 2012.
- For the best performance, make sure that the current configuration is set to Release rather than Debug.
- Open the Build menu and choose Rebuild Solution.
- Open the Debug menu and choose Start Without Debugging to run SpreadsheetGear Explorer.
- In SpreadsheetGear Explorer, choose among the various samples on the left. Note that many of the samples require user input, such as clicking on a Run Sample button or entering the specified text or number into a cell.
- Source code can be viewed and copied directly at runtime from the source viewer below each sample.
- It is important to note that the SpreadsheetGear Explorer samples demonstrate the usage of GetLock and ReleaseLock which are required when using the WorkbookView control with background calculation enabled. ASP.NET developers will almost never use GetLock and ReleaseLock, and at the time of this writing none of the ASP.NET samples provided by SpreadsheetGear LLC use GetLock and ReleaseLock.
- If you have trouble using the SpreadsheetGear Explorer Samples, please refer to Troubleshooting SpreadsheetGear Explorer in the SpreadsheetGear Help under Getting Started -> Using the Samples -> SpreadsheetGear Explorer for .NET Sample Solutions.